VIC Insurance Licence assessment

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

IanE

5 September 2017
i have full Victorian car licence with heavy truck endorsement. Through the volunteer organisation I am currently in I have undergone upgrading with qualified assessor to drive a truck under emergency provisions (red blue lights and siren) The qualification is only an internal qualification and is not recorded on my private licence. My questions are
1.does your private insurance company need to be informed of this assessment.
2.Am I required to inform my insurance company of any collision or damage caused to the truck while Iam in control
3. If Iam involved in an accident my organisation driving qualifications are suspended until an investigation is conducted and Iam retested. Do I have to declare this on my private insurance

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
1. I doubt it. It's an internal accreditation. However, some insurers will reduce your premium for completing a driving course. It may be worthwhile telling them.

2. No, but if you are asked if you have been in any accidents when seeking further insurance then you must disclose it. If the question is 'have you made any claims?', then you can answer no.

3. No, not unless it also affects your government issued driving licence.