VIC Immigration Law - Should My Mom Apply for a Tourist Visa?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sumaiya urmy

25 October 2015
Hi... I've been in Australia for the last 8 months and I'm on a partner provision visa subclass 309. My husband is an Australian citizen.. I'm now 9 months pregnant and i applied for a family sponsored visa for my mother and sister. The visa has been refused as I wasn't settled in Australia..I didn't know about that..

Now I'm feeling so much stress as my due date is near..What should I do under Immigration Law? Should my mom apply for a tourist visa from offshore? Which type of document can help my application? Should my husband sponsor my mom and sister? Do I need a letter from the hospital?

Please help me.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Hi,

A tourist visa allows your mum to come to Australia for 3 months. She has to apply for it off Australian soil.
Here is a link to all the different tourist visas: Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Reactions: sumaiya urmy

sumaiya urmy

25 October 2015
Hi..
Thanks for your reply. Is there any time frame to apply for a visa after being refused? Because the last time I applied from here was last week and immigration refused the application because of the sponsorship. Can my mom apply from offshore after a week?