Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Immigration Law - Should My Mom Apply for a Tourist Visa?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by sumaiya urmy, 25 October 2015.

1. sumaiya urmy

sumaiya urmy Member

Hi... I've been in Australia for the last 8 months and I'm on a partner provision visa subclass 309. My husband is an Australian citizen.. I'm now 9 months pregnant and i applied for a family sponsored visa for my mother and sister. The visa has been refused as I wasn't settled in Australia..I didn't know about that..

Now I'm feeling so much stress as my due date is near..What should I do under Immigration Law? Should my mom apply for a tourist visa from offshore? Which type of document can help my application? Should my husband sponsor my mom and sister? Do I need a letter from the hospital?

Please help me.

2. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Hi,

A tourist visa allows your mum to come to Australia for 3 months. She has to apply for it off Australian soil.
    Here is a link to all the different tourist visas: Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sumaiya urmy likes this.
  3. sumaiya urmy

sumaiya urmy Member

Hi..
    Thanks for your reply. Is there any time frame to apply for a visa after being refused? Because the last time I applied from here was last week and immigration refused the application because of the sponsorship. Can my mom apply from offshore after a week?