- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Immigration Law on Migration to Sydney?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by vrak1984, 31 December 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. vrak1984

vrak1984 Member

31 December 2015
    Guys, I need tips for migrating to Sydney for a work permit under Immigration Law. I consulted with many people here in India but many are giving me telling to join some private colleges and do part-time jobs, but I am not sure about this method.

I guess, this is the right platform to discuss & find out what the best one is for me. I searched a lot on internet but couldn't find much on this. There are lots of sites offering packages for the same but I want to know more about the people, weather, culture, etc.. I got a few sites, but I'm still looking further for better information about the region.

2. Therese

Therese Well-Known Member

11 October 2015

Usually, people who come to Australia with a work permit are sponsored by a company, however, skilled workers also have the option to apply for a work visa.

This Visa Options Comparison Chart may make it clearer: Visa Options Comparison Charts 1.

I understand that another possible option could be coming to Australia on a holiday visa then finding a job to sponsor you, and changing to a work visa.

I would suggest getting in contact with an immigration expert - even sending an email from India. They should be able to give you personalised advice once you have an idea which visas are out there that could apply to you.