QLD identifying Particulars notice - what's the law please

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

looking for help

20 February 2021
Hi everyone.
My 20 year old son was pulled over and caught driving while on a sper demerit point licence suspension.
He is being charged with: unlicensed driving. he also allowed them to search his person and car for drugs when asked and they found nothing, but they didn't drug test him, or offer a reason for the search to him.
He was also given a identifying Particulars notice to go into the station for them to process him within 7 days. they are up tomorrow.

Prior to being charged with this offence, he is also been charged with : the offence of driving etc while relevant drug (only cannabis was detected) is present in blood or saliva,
and unlicensed/holder of learners (he didn't have a supervisor with him) this is from November 2020 and just now going to court.

He is on the autism spectrum, he also has anxiety, depression and dyslexia but he smokes cannabis daily to ease his Tourette's syndrome illegally.

My question is does he have to abide by the identifying Particulars notice? Is it illegal if he doesn't will it make his charges worse?

thanks for your help.

Docupedia

7 October 2020

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
My question is does he have to abide by the identifying Particulars notice?
Yes
Is it illegal if he doesn't
Yes. Failing to attend in response to this notice is a separate, further offence.
...will it make his charges worse?
Yes, in that he will be adding further offences to his list.
You are a better judge than me of how likely it is that the stress will adversely affect him.

Hard truth - your son is in a world of trouble, and it's about to get worse.
He needs the services of a lawyer with experience in dealing with offenders with disabilities.