VIC How to tender subpoenaed documents to the Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kimbapuppy

17 January 2016
Documents have been subpoenaed and are physically in Court.
However, the Registrar/Judge will not consider these documents until they are "tendered".
How do I go about to "tender" these documents so that they can be considered as evidence?

Atticus

6 February 2019
Tender suggests to me that it would have to be physically done during a trial, ie, tendered to court

Complex16

27 July 2016
Documents have been subpoenaed and are physically in Court.
However, the Registrar/Judge will not consider these documents until they are "tendered".
How do I go about to "tender" these documents so that they can be considered as evidence?

Agree with comment below. Documents/evidence are generally tendered during trial. Having said that, you or your legal representative should have the ability to view/inspect the documents prior to this? I would seek clarification.

kimbapuppy

17 January 2016
Agree with comment below. Documents/evidence are generally tendered during trial. Having said that, you or your legal representative should have the ability to view/inspect the documents prior to this? I would seek clarification.
It's more for the Judge/Registrar to be able to view these documents in the court room rather than going to the Subpoena File area to view. That's my understanding.