WA Final Affidavit Page Limit and Attaching Evidence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SRL_Perth_WA

24 February 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m a SRL in WA and have received orders stating, amongst other things that I am to file and serve “a stand alone affidavit setting out the whole of the parties evidence in chief for the purposes of the trial limited to 15 pages”. I have a few questions if anyone can assist :)

Am I to understand that the “15 pages” written in my orders applies to the limit of 15 documents as attachments, and not the statement of facts itself?

If so, is there an upper limit to the affidavit (statement of facts not attachments)? Giving consideration to this being a complex six year court matter?

I understand that WA has not prohibited the attachment of documents to affidavits, am I to understand that this means I only refer to and attach and do not tender?

Thankyou in advance :)

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Good question. I don't know, but I would have thought that this is the sort of administrative query you could ring the court about and ask?

SRL_Perth_WA

24 February 2020
Good question. I don't know, but I would have thought that this is the sort of administrative query you could ring the court about and ask?

Thankyou for responding,

I also thought this, as I would have imagined they were quite ordinary questions. Unfortunately on ringing the court they deemed my question about tendering or attaching as “bordering on legal advice”. They couldn’t give me an answer on an upper limit - stating only that the form will stop letting me type, on pasting my draft it appears this isn’t the case.