Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW How to Renew Subclass 461 Visa after Relationship Breakdown?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Magda, 26 February 2015.

1. Magda

Magda Guest

I would like to find out how to renew visa subclass 461 visa after relationship breakdown with the NZ citizen.
    I called the immigration office and was told I CAN renew my visa, provided that:
    • I have maintained Australian residency (which I had)
    • I continue to meet health and character requirements (yes)
    • I do not become member of a family of another person (no, me and my NZ husband are still married. However, he moved back to NZ 2 years ago and I started to see an Australian citizen 8 months ago).
    When I asked HOW to renew my 461 visa I was told I need to apply for new one, which I cannot do because me and my NZ husband had split up.

Is there any other renewal path?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mitchell Kelly

Mitchell Kelly Well-Known Member

Complete a Form 147. It takes into account a relationship ending at Question 8. If you are in a relationship with someone else (anyone), you will not be eligible for the 461 visa. You may need to look at a Partner visa with your Australian partner if you wish to stay here.