Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW How to Get Permission from Trustee to Travel?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Gipps, 5 July 2016.

  1. Gipps

    Gipps Member

    5 July 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi all,

    I am a permanent resident here in NSW, but am bankrupt. I recently got word that my grandma is becoming ill (she's 90) and I wanted to travel to the US to visit her before she passes away. I know I have to obtain permission from my trustee to do this, but I am really afraid they won't let me go because they would consider me a "flight risk" as I am not an Australian citizen.

    What can I do to prevent them turning me down from travelling as I haven't seen my family in the USA for two years and really want to go there for three weeks in August to see them?

    Thanks for any help you can give me. I really appreciate it.
  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page