NSW How to Ensure Chain of Custody Urine Test Results Aren't Fake?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Ah, I see.

If you have the pathologist's contact details, there is no harm in ringing and asking.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If you have the pathologist's contact details, there is no harm in ringing and asking.

Agree. Ask them first as they may give you the result. If they refuse, then tell (show?) them about the court order saying you have the right to the results, possibly hinting they may be disobeying a court order if they still give you a hard time.

BTW, why not approach the GP for the information? Same rules would apply to the GP.

Rachelle Simpson

26 July 2014
Thanks for the advice.
I spoke with the pathology and explained what the court order says and they said the privacy act would not allow them to be able to confirm the results too me and that they don't discuss this with the patient really either. That's where the docter is who discusses results and even if court were to request it would be from a softer and not from them. The docter just plainly. will not discuss anything about another patient to me, I suppose he would require an order from court to request and allow him to do this.. and since the. order only states I am to be provide the test results by other party that is my only way to access these. The pathology suggested I could request that the result actually come on a letter head from pathology and have the docter sign off on them to say they are what he received from pathology. It somewhat would make them appear to be more legitimate but still its possible 'dodgy' that too! Really its a silly way to order something so important and that the results off is what determines the rest of if the entire order can take place.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I suppose that's the unfortunate thing about court orders - the consequences or loopholes aren't often realised until after they've already been made.

If they were made by consent, it seems odd to me that he would falsify tests, but you never really know, do you? It is a fair expectation that a doctor or pathologist sign the results on a their letterhead, but outside of that, you may simply have to accept the facts as they appear until your ex makes some grave error and you have grounds to seek new orders, at which time you can subpoena the pathologist/doctor for documents.

Rachelle Simpson

26 July 2014
Yes thank you as you say I just will have to take things as they are and assume if there were anything to be concerned about it will come to be seen eventually somehow.

Thanks again

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did you ask the doctor to confirm whether or not the results you are given were really issued by him? I'd also check with the relevant medical board to see, if given your circumstances, the GP is allowed to confirm the results are genuine.