VIC False Positive Drug Test at Work - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Annika

1 May 2019
Recently, l was taken for a random drug test at work. it's not the usual process but l was taken for a urine sample.

At the car, the worker testing me said love tested positive.
I said that's not possible can l see the result ( where she just flashed her phone at me for a second ) the test said benzodiazepine. Any way l told the worker the test was wrong so what happens now? Is it sent to be properly tested? She assured me yes.

Anyway arriving back to work, she tells me l am getting sacked because of a failed drug test. l knew l had no hope of fighting so l have all.my stuff and got in my car and left. l was spinning and confused but new this was wrong so l went to another clinic and has the test again. I got the results in 2 days no drugs detected, which l already knew that.

Anyway, I have still lost my job. l am humiliated that my colleges think l was on drugs, l am angry because this shouldn't be allowed to happen. As l was not at work.for more than 6 months l do not have an unfair dismissal claim.

Has anyone been in Thai situation.and what did you do?

I have a lawyer but I really would feel better if we knew of other cases...

Thanks for you help