Help with Access to Children - Ex Denying Full Access

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Restless

26 August 2014
Hi,
I have been separated since March this year. I didn't leave my home I was kicked out by my ex!!! He has taken over the care of our children (custody of children) refusing me to have more access to our son than 3 days a fortnight!!! I have attended mediation and have been served with the certificates!!!

I can't seem to get help as he is using the kids against me!!!! Especially putting our 9 year old in the middle!!!! I left with no finances and just some old furniture!!!! I now have a great home but with a low wage and minimum access, I'm struggling to live!!! He's hit me for child support too!!! Yet I can't get full access to my child!!! He's just received last year's full family assistance payment and refuses to give me a part payment as I contributed financially and cared mostly for our children last year!!!! I'm not sure that I can get legal aid earning $30000 last year yet I'm in financial despair!!!! Pleeeeease can someone help!!!! Thanks restless

S

Sophea

Hi Restless,

Did you reach an agreement at mediation? If so was the agreement put into consent orders or a parenting plan?

Since you have already participated in mediation, you can apply to the court to decide on alternative arrangements if you are unhappy with what is presently in place. However it will involve legal fees.

If you are earning $30,000 you would likely qualify for Legal Aid. I don't know what state you are in, but this is an outline of the legal aid entitlements in Qld just to give you a guide.
http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/publ...tsheets/Pages/Can-I-get-legal-aid.aspx#table1