Going to court complex GP case

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jenny453

8 December 2020
I was not going to provide a statement of claim I was going to do discovery before.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Suspect you need help.

I was not going to provide a statement of claim I was going to do discovery before.
Sounds suspiciously like a fishing expedition.

Claim first, then discovery, and if necessary you do an amended claim.

This is kind of ridiculous attempt on my own. Will give it a whirl though.

Be aware there can be cost consequences. Even though each party nominally pays their own costs, it is possible for cost orders against you.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
That won't happen in this situation, it's pretty horrible I am just trying to not take it to personally and concentrate on how it happened. You wouldn't know the best headings to set out a concise statement. Or a resource

Jenny453

8 December 2020
I'm not fishing, it would just be help ful to have access to my email account so I could be certain dates are correct. I think a concise statement with the brief outline of events in my FWC app edited a bit better. And just expand a little bit on each breach. My email account is my best evidence because it shows who I was an employee, has lots of good feedback, interactions

Jenny453

8 December 2020
I found reading about "cause of action" and "employment" made everything fall into place, I was able to putogether a well written, simpislistic draft in my own words (not trying to write like a lawyer but formal and consice statement and relate it quite simply to the breaches 👍