WA General Procedure Claim Sent - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Simsy

17 June 2015
I was given a General Procedure Claim Form saying I owe a sum of money. DESCRIPTION is this:
Taxes assessed in accordance with the provisions of the Taxation Administration Act 2003. They claim I owe a some of money being the Duty assessed in accordance with the provisions of the Duties Act 2008 which was due back in April.

Now I went to buy a house that I was currently living in. I had a couple of brief meetings with the bank about home loans. I had some credit issues that were finally sorted and started new work so it had to wait etc. I received a call a few months later from settlement agency asking if I was still interested in the property. I told them I would discuss with the wife over the weekend what our next step was. It so happens we were out of town that weekend and came home to a house infested with termites everywhere. So I decided to pack up my family and move out. Owners were also on board (not real happy) but agreed.

Today the new tenant who I know was passed a copy of this General Procedure Claim to pass on to me and the wife.

Now I'm unsure of what to do. I haven't received any communication about this claim beforehand except for one call months ago. Any help?

S

Sophea

Hi there,

I'm not exactly sure what your question is or how your housing situation relates to the General Procedure Claim form? Are you wanting to know what your options are with respect to disputing or paying the claim?