QLD Formal Bullying Complaint made to ex-employee

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Howdi123

22 June 2017
Hi, I am an ex-employee of a company located in Brisbane. I would like to ask if my previous workplace supervisor decided to submit a formal bully complaint about myself. Would such complaint become a legal issue? The reason is I have already left the company (more than 3 days since I left) and I believe my previous supervisor submitted a formal bully complaint to HR after I left and HR is now opening up a formal investigation. I thought such complaint would be legally related if I am still an employee but since I no longer work for them, would such complaint become a legal issue for myself?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Without knowing the details it is hard to comment. You are correct in querying what they can do as a former employee and using bullying under workplace laws - likely nothing.

Post back if they try to do something silly like withhold your final pay.

Howdi123

22 June 2017
Without knowing the details it is hard to comment. You are correct in querying what they can do as a former employee and using bullying under workplace laws - likely nothing.

Post back if they try to do something silly like withhold your final pay.

Hi Rod...I have already got my final pay. At the moment I only know they will do a formal investigation on the complain raised by my formal supervisor. I know workplace bully law is applicable when ex-employee raised complaint to previous employer.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I know workplace bully law is applicable when ex-employee raised complaint to previous employer

Not under the national workplace law. I'm unsure if QLD has any particular state laws that apply.

Post back if you hear anything. Don't hold your breath and in the meantime work and enjoy life.

Reactions: Howdi123