Filing documents and serving them on other parties

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dad 2 + 1

21 March 2019
I feel silly for asking this but:

I've been getting abusive emails ("You're an idiot" and "Can't you ^%$#ing read?") messages from my ex over the serving of Affidavits. (6 emails since 4:30 PM yesterday).

In a recent court order we were both told to "file and serve" certain Affidavits on each other so I prepared the affidavit, had them witnessed by a JP, scanned them and uploaded to the court portal, and served a copy of the Affidavits via email AND by deposit into my ex-wifes letter box.

She won't accept that she has "been served" and has been raving on about me having to "File the Affidavits THEN serve them on her, not just any copy of Affidavits you like".

I think what she wants is me to serve her with the affidavits that have been electronically stamped from the court website, not the JP-witnessed affidavits without the court stamp.

Some might say I could just download the Court Stamped Version of the Affidavits and send them to her but she has access to the Court Portal and can see them there anyway. I even contacted the Court Web Portal Service Desk this morning to ensure I'd uploaded correctly and they were available for my ex to see - and they confirmed they are there.

Do I have to send her the Court Portal Stamped version of the documents to actually "Serve her"
or do copies of the JP-witnessed documents suffice?

Tremaine

5 February 2019
Well, yes, sealed docs are what you’re meant to serve. The seal proves they’re identical to what has been filed.

Even if you didn’t have to serve the sealed versions, the reasonable thing to do would just be to download the sealed versions and serve them. Save yourself the conflict.

Philly2020

27 April 2018
Tremaine is correct. It is required that you serve a sealed copy. "Sealed' means stamped by the court. It's an easy mistake to make when you're new to the process. Everything else you have done was correct.