Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Filing for Divorce - Husband in India - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Joolz Liverstone, 4 August 2015.

  1. Joolz Liverstone

    4 August 2015
    Likes Received:
    I live here in Australia and my husband moved back to India. We were married here and I have filed for divorce and had a person I know serve the application for divorce on my husband over in India. I can get my friend to complete the affidavit of service by hand but who can witness it in India so that it can prove to the court here in Brisbane that my husband was served.

    My husband didn't sign an acknowledgement of service and would not sign anything. I can't afford a lawyer to tell me what to do and I have had a look on line to see what I can do but it mentions the Hague convention and stuff and is confusing. How can I prove to the court he has been served to satisfy them?
  2. CathL

    CathL Well-Known Member

    19 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page