VIC Feel Harassed by Pioneer Credit - Seek Help from Financial Ombudsman Service?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

fazed

24 February 2016
I am in a bit of a quandary.

I have an outstanding debt with Pioneer Credit which was purchased by them from the Commonwealth Bank. An agreement was made in January 2015 with them to make regular payments of $250 monthly which they then, I felt coercively upped to $500 per month after I missed a payment but felt pressure to say I can meet that new commitment. It was for $10K but has since leapt to around $16K.

I missed a couple of payments late in 2015 which I responded to a caller stating that I can meet outstanding payment next month just the other day which I am committed and have funding to do and then return to my regular monthly instalments which he agreed to do,

Prior to this, they have continually harassed me day in a day out since December to the point that I have stopped and refused to answer their calls. They ring me at work, at home and when I am on holidays. In that time, I received a default notice. I now received a call from their team leader saying that they will not honour this and look to seek full payment of the $16K which I can’t do.

Is there any help I can get in terms of getting them to agree to the monthly instalments?

Can I seek help from financial ombudsman service as I feel that I have been constantly harassed and force into $500 monthly instalments?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated,

Reactions: Timothy Longmire
1 March 2016
We are sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with your experience dealing with our organisation. Pioneer Credit is committed to providing appropriate flexibility and understanding to our customers, so that they can progress to financial recovery under sustainable and manageable agreements.

We encourage you to discuss this matter with us so that we can work together on reaching a mutually beneficial outcome.

Kind regards

AP1

25 January 2017
I have the same issue with them, I have ended up a pretty poor situation thanks to Centrelink & Child Support and have a negative income by the time I pay my rent and essentials, yet Pioneer asked me to borrow 17k from someone to clear a debt I had to Westpac

How the hell do they think it is OK to ask people to borrow money from family etc when they know they can't afford to repay it.

They call my family and call me at work despite me asking them to stop.

I would recommend logging all call times as debt collectors can only call so many times in a week (they are at 3 calls in 1 day for me currently!) then lodge a complaint with the financial ombudsman

settle

4 February 2017
Notify pioneer credit that your circumstances adhere to financial hardship and give them notice of financial hardship, they have to by law work with you