Federal Circuit Court Disclosure Orders Ignored

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Crusader2

27 September 2014
On the 4th December in the Federal Circuit Court, Hon Judge Kemp, created orders to my ex husband to disclose a list of financial bank account and credit card info, within 7 days, together with an interim spousal maintenance order. The actual hearing had to be adjourned until March, because the other side's affidavits etc. had arrived too late. Now my ex's lawyer has sent my lawyer a letter on the 7 day mark saying her client is still 'collating' the information. It seems a farce that not even a Judge can make my ex produce his financials even though we have been trying for 4 years? By the way in that time I have had 4 settlement offers, each one accepted, and each getting smaller. The last offer the day prior to court which he withdrew once my lawyer started writing up the financial orders.

I pay my lawyer on credit card and she has suggested a phone call to the ex's lawyer and a follow up letter. I just can't afford another probably $700 to do this which will go on forever again as he is obviously going to continue not disclosing. Is my ex and his Lawyer not obligated to follow the Judge's order or can he just get away with this? Any advice very appreciated :)

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Start asking for costs orders against your ex so he pays the extra costs you incur as a result of him failing to abide by the judge's orders. Surprised your lawyer hasn't pushed this argument.

Reactions: Crusader2