Family law forum = Respect.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
As for the thread being locked. Gee sorry. The OP suggests that it's unfair that women can have abortions but men can't demand one.
She may have, In response to you, that came after YOU you had posted this off topic rant >>> I thought twice about posting this, obviously the advice is too late in this scenario. Many men seem to get themselves in this predicament more than once though, that considered I'll say it.
The slight loss of sensation caused by a very thin layer of rubber is far better than 18 years of child support. Really gentlemen, what's the rush?<<<

Perhaps next time think a third time & don't post...... Stay on topic, be relevant & all will be well

Atticus

6 February 2019
The moderators aren't shy. If they thought my intention was to simply stir up trouble they would have stopped me by now.
They already have once, by locking a thread that you had derailed by engaging an an off topic spat with the person seeking advice

sammy01

27 September 2015
hey RJM - WHO'D OF THUNKED.... I'd come to your defence...

This is a cool place where folk come looking for help... If you have some insights to offer. OFFER THEM... But it needs to be based on folks understanding of the law because it is a law forum. If you have stuff to offer, like the wise comments you made about the consequence of parents arguing about costs of private schools then offer them.

A keyboard is a less perfect means of communication sometimes that verbal communication. It leads to mis-understandings. As you've experienced. But expect punters here to pull you up WITH GUSTO if the content you post is not supported by relevant facts / references to the legislation / the child support rules or some solid substance. Seems reasonable?

And be constructive...

Last edited:

rjm

2 February 2020
Sammy I am sorry that you've gotten yourself so worked up. And if you can show me where I personally attacked you, prior to you accusing me of it, I'll glady broaden the apology.
I can't be bothered doing it but I'm pretty confident that if i go back & count up all the negative things that we've said to each other you'll win the tally up.
@ Tim. Noisy, yes I can be pretty mouthy. Guilty as charged. Here just to argue with you lot. Not true.
As proof of that I'll self impose a general rule to steer clear of threads that the 3 of you are commenting on. Obviously with such brilliant minds on the case you don't need my help. The only time I'll break that self imposed rule is when I see you having a go at someone who I don't think deserves it. So essentially, be nice & you won't have to deal with me.
I've come across old threads where sammy has been giving people the same dressing down as I've received from him, almost word for word. It seems that anyone who disagrees with him has that experience. Hence my comment re coming up with some new material.
And yes sammy it was stupid of me to make the comment about brushing up on literacy. It could easily have been taken as serious. For a second time, my bad.
Quite happy to admit to being wrong when I am wrong.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
@rjm
Quite a few will suffer new (or worsened) distress when confronted with
what to them, right or wrong, and no matter your intentions,
looks and feels like an attack.

Agreed, but given how you spoke to me in another forum here, that's rather the pot calling the kettle black. Still, I guess we should all take the lesson of the day on board and try to be more respectful while keeping the personal opinions and judgements to ourselves as much as possible.

Reactions: rjm

sammy01

27 September 2015
Glasshalffull.... Can you direct me to where I was a pot.. Robust argument GREAT... Personal attacks and un-substantiated and inflammatory commentary... Bad.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Glasshalffull.... Can you direct me to where I was a pot.. Robust argument GREAT... Personal attacks and un-substantiated and inflammatory commentary... Bad.
I think glasses comment was directed at Tim.... Just because that is the quote Glass has used, dunno

Reactions: GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
oh good oh...
Hmmm Didn't wanna come across as sooky...

Guilty conscience Sammy? ;) Tim W had some pretty pathetic and condescending things to say elsewhere in the Criminal Law forum. You were involved and similarly told him off, from memory. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, but Tim W taking the high moral ground here had me rolling my eyes.

sammy01

27 September 2015
No guilty conscience, just a mis-understanding...
"if you can show me where I personally attacked you, prior to you accusing me of it, I'll glady broaden the apology. " RJM... I'm up for the PEPSI CHALLENGE.

NSW - Process for child support when DNA test done without court order
So in response to the moderator reminding us to stay on topic... I started a comment by saying 'no moralising promise'. . I complemented the OP for the maturity in dealing with a bloody stressful situation. I didn't mention you at all. I was staying on topic as per the moderator's reminder.

Your contribution? 2nd march "No mud slinging sammy ? It was the only reason I posted." What was the reason you posted? to sling mud. So my understanding is that only reason you posted was to attack (throw mud). The fact that you mentioned me 'sammy' indicates your intention was to attack me... Almost two weeks before I wrote"what's with the personal attacks..." So yup I can show you where you had a go at me prior...

Now as for my apology. I'm after the un-reserved variety... Not the sorry you mis-understood variety of apology... While you're at it.... evolved, "being a prat". Oh but you didn't say I am a prat? I fail to see any real difference. It is offensive. Oh and having a go at me being a good advertisement for private schools because I made a grammatical error... But you'd never have a go at someone over punctuation would you?

My fav personal attack "Obviously with such brilliant minds on the case you don't need my help. " I agree, but clearly the intention was sarcasm.

"I can't be bothered doing it but I'm pretty confident that if i go back & count up all the negative things that we've said to each other you'll win the tally up. "- You don't need to... I really don't think you'll find any personal attacks on you. NOT ONE. I've definately disagreed with some stuff you've written. But a personal attack, name calling? nope.