Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Family Law - Ex-Wife Disappeared with Child - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Todd Greenley, 16 May 2016.

  1. Todd Greenley

    Todd Greenley Member

    16 May 2016
    Likes Received:
    I'm an American in CA, my ex is an Australian citizen in Australia. After divorcing her for an affair and attempting to cover it up with a false rape, she cut me off from my six-year-old daughter. I have few financial resources since I'm a student and I feel helpless and cut off from my child. What, if anything, can I do under Family Law?
  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Todd,

    Do you have any existing orders in place as regards custody by an Australian court? If not you have nothing to enforce. Therefore you may need to obtain orders as regards your rights to see / speak with your daughter. If your ex is in Australia she will only be bound by orders of an Australin court.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page