QLD Family Law Consent Orders - Any Precedents?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kscib

6 December 2014
Ok, I have a tricky one. I need a precedent I can refer to in my Family Court Application (financial/property orders only) for the following:

In 2004 my estranged husband and I had Consent Orders approved by the Family Court (we weren't divorced). Included in the Consent Orders was that I would be paid a sum of money, which I was. In that same year, with those awarded funds I purchased a block of land in my own name.

Two years later, in 2006 my husband and I (still married) reconciled, and built a house on that block of land and subsequently sold it. Now after a further 8 years he and I are now divorced and are trying to negotiate new Consent Orders.

Is there a precedent that I can site that recognises that block of land (and its worth) purchased during my separation and singledom is my contribution to the relationship, albeit with the same man? I have bank statements and contracts of sale with valid dates to prove my story but if I could site a precedent where this situation had occurred before I think the honourable Court would pay heed...

Thanks in advance...

Kscib

6 December 2014
Ouch... So after my reading I'm assuming this is the exact opposite of what I require? Shame.... I really thought I had something there.