WA False Information on My Medical Records - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

paulypop

25 August 2019
I need help with false info on medical records. 1 letter from a surgeon, whom I've never seen, stated that I am a daily ice user with a hernia. This has been on my last 2 care plans and I didn't know,
and now I have another letter from a surgeon, whom I saw just recently, stating I had a drinking ethanol habit but haven't had any for 3 years.

It gets pretty long-winded but I just want to see what others' views are.

Thanks.

I've never touched ice or ethanol in my life.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
just see what others views are thnks...
Well, since you ask,
my view (which might not be anyone else's view) is
start by making an appointment with your psychiatrist.

paulypop

25 August 2019
Well, since you ask,
my view (which might not be anyone else's view) is
start by making an appointment with your psychiatrist.
Well, I tried that on the advice of the doctor. My first appointment was cancelled by the councillor and I did the front for work after I sat and waited. Week 2 was the same thing. On week 3, she turned up and told me it was her last day and she could introduce me to a new one if I wanted.

I said no thanks and that was my psych experience. I think I came out a little worse from that experience.

The letter from 1 surgeon, who I have never seen yet, stated he had seen me and that I was a daily ice user and had a hernia. His letter was on a Fremantle letterhead, yet he has never worked there. He works in another hospital. My DOB, my name, my address and my ref number on every letter I get from spinal, etc.

I lodged a compliant all I got back was a letter saying it was another person. They made a mistake and I do not have a hernia. No mention whatsoever of not being an ice user. No apology and then after getting that, I go see who surgeon who had sent a letter to my doctor, which she gave me a copy of, and says I used to have an ethanol drinking habit. I had a lung collapse 3 times between 2014 2015, a spine surgery that was cancelled twice and on the first time, they said it's because they found a heart problem. The second time, they aren't telling me, so who knows.

Maybe I should ask them for some of whatever it is they are on because this is not helping my health or reputation whatsoever.

Thanks anyway for the input and I'll see if other forums might have a clue.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
First thing to do is write in and ask for your records to be corrected.

It is not defamation if they have a medical report with information on it from another medical practitioner and they use/restate that information. They are allowed to accept that report at face value.

Your issue is with whoever first produced the wrong information.

Reactions: Perp

paulypop

25 August 2019
well ethanol is another word medical profession use for alcohol so that wont make a court room having that im a daily ice user came from another surgeon who interviewed a guy with a ice prob but somehow managed to put it on my medical record
same name same address same date of birth same medical reference number