QLD Extra Curricular Activities

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Complex3

14 August 2021
I have a quick (& petty) question (such is family law).

I have court orders for shared PR for one of my children. Orders specify that parents are to split private school fees and other expenses. I have primary care (10/14). I work full time flexibly, other parent is self employed.

I have asked the other parent if they are opposed to child doing particular extra curricular activities, OP says they can’t afford it; whilst I know this isn’t true, I have said no worries, I’ll pay, but now they are saying they don’t agree to the activities at all. If I enrol them and it doesn’t impact their time is there any recourse?

OP is constantly threatening breaches of court orders, but our child really wants to participate. I am considering just selecting activities that fall on my time.

Thank you!

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, so for clarity??? you wanna enroll little Timmy in singing lessons. The lessons are during your time with the kid. Doesn't impact on the other parent at all? and you're not asking the other parent to pay any of the fees?
Yeah, other parent is a nutter. Do what you want with the kid in your time.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, group hug time... Firstly, you've been lurking here for years. I can't remember your back story... But I recall it is even crazier than mine... My advice - If the ex is threatending to breach you - Tell 'em to go for it. But, when they fail, you'll be applying for a cost order for them to cover your legal expenses.