QLD Ex Threatened DVO Against Me - Impact on Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nat 2015

8 February 2017
how about you post what you like? and if we don't like it don't read it. Do you understand the insanity of that concept. All you have done is attack this lady for a mistake that she has already acknowledged she made and wont repeat...

Nat - you acknowledged very early on that the lesson has been learnt about responding to the ex's crap. Good on you.... And as such you don't deserve the abuse of thatbloke...

Don't worry about the mediation certificate expiring. Do mediation again with legal aid isn't a bad option. Be reasonable and they just might fund you through to court. Stay strong. But why not outline the details here and you might get some opinions about how to move things forward... So you reckon there is about a mill in assets? Is any of it a house / apartment? if so whose name is on the title?
Yep ok.

His name is on everything. He refused to add my name to anything. I am not a monster, or some untrustworthy person and never gave him that impression. I worked for 14 yrs out of the 20 and put my teaching degree on hold to help him start up his business. I have been very supportive of him through everything. I am not perfect. Of course I argue with him.

There is a business that has 4 trucks and he valued that at only $10k thats grossly undervalued. House is valued at $670k. There is approx 6 cars of value that he has now stated his family members owe. 100k in super for him.

His debts, I am unsure because he has given a different figure all the time. He asked me to lie to child support so he doesn't have to pay much, and said if I apply for child support, he will take the kids off me, so I signed a letter on the amount he wanted to pay which is $160 a week for private arrangement. When I first applied for child support, his payments were meant to be $725 a fortnight based on his income. And care arrangements.

I have 20k super. I have had to withdraw some due to financial commitments. I am returning back to work as a teacher aide this week for 2 days a week so that will affect my legal aid most likely.

nat 2015

8 February 2017
I have a private arrangement. He said I can't do that because I agreed to the amount.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Call CSA and ask... Just checking. Is he paying for other stuff? The mortgage on the house you're living in?

"He said" - don't take advice from the ex. Call CSA, ask anonymously. Tell them it is a hypothetical. Learn the rules.... But definitely don't take advice from the ex.

Reactions: nat 2015

nat 2015

8 February 2017
No l left the home, he's in the home. Refuses to pay anything towards children's school fees. They are in public school and towards our son's orthodontist treatment, I have asked for him to go halves too.

My other question is. can judge force 14 yr olds to see their father? Right now they have no interest and that worries me

Please know I am doing what I can. I have asked him several times to sit down with his boys to speak about the issues that we are having and he refuses.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Until there is a court order that states 14 yr old must visit dad, then 14 yr old has to visit dad... But there is no court order atm...

I understand, you're trying your best and you really didn't deserve the attack from 'that bloke'

Call CSA - mention the orthodontics.... What sort of employment does the ex have? I have to warn you sometimes if he runs his own business for example CSA can be pretty useless... So I'm a teacher, I can't hide income. But some tradies do cash work and hide that income to minimise child support, but if he has done his taxes regularily for the past few yrs you don't have too much to worry about

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Until there is a court order that states 14 yr old must visit dad, then 14 yr old has to visit dad... But there is no court order atm...

I understand, you're trying your best and you really didn't deserve the attack from 'that bloke'

Call CSA - mention the orthodontics.... What sort of employment does the ex have? I have to warn you sometimes if he runs his own business for example CSA can be pretty useless... So I'm a teacher, I can't hide income. But some tradies do cash work and hide that income to minimise child support, but if he has done his taxes regularily for the past few yrs you don't have too much to worry about
Ok thanks for that.

He has his own business and hasnt done his returns for a few years.

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
CS will ask him for his business records and probably 6 months worth of personal and business banking records - including credit cards and loans.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
You're just rude and attack people when they stand up to you. You're the worst thing that has happened to this forum. I pity your ex's.
Oooooh, I feel sorry for them too. One lives in housing commision and only sees her son two nights a fortnight and the other is a raving lunatic who has only seen her daughter three times in 6 years. And thanks for the compliments... I will cherish them :-D

sammy01

27 September 2015
This is a thread about a woman who is being threatened by an ex who is trying to manipulate his way out of his child support obligations... I reckon it would be a good idea to stay on task.