QLD Can ex apply for parenting orders with dvo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Hi I have a dvo out against my ex then he decided to put one against me there is no set arrangement for the children currently he has 3 of them week at a time, since I accepted his dvo without admissions he has turned real nasty in regards to children I am worried I am going to loose my kids to him, as his excact words to me after he got the dvo against me was "your gunna pay"
Can he go straight to the courts and get approved parenting plans to take our kids, I currently have legal aid but have been overwhelmed with information and want to know if anybody else has been in this position I have applied for mediation and now waiting for him to respond can he bypass that and go straight to court.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Generally mediation needs to happen prior to court - BUT when the is allegations of DV this can get by-passed. Look 'you're gonna pay' is not good grounds to seek more time with the kids.
He has them 50/50 right? Unless there are compelling grounds to justify taking the kids away from you then it is unlikely to change.

Try to keep all communcation in writing - be nice as pie. Refuse to engage with arguments..

Look the system is pretty reasonable - follow the instructions from legal aid and you will be ok... BUT don't engage in arguments.

nat 2015

8 February 2017
Ok thanks I want to avoid court and just hurry up and move on with my life, my 20 yr old has decided to take his side and is on the order for reasons he never stated on his dvo
The other children are not named on his dvo towards me.