NSW Ex refused to get parenting plan

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

me8901

6 April 2018
Hi, looking for some advice please.

My Ex and I have been negotiated parenting plan through both of our solicitors in the last 4 months. Last letter from my Ex's solicitor stated if I responded on 5 questions, My Ex will make decision. I responded within 3 days, but I have not heard anything back since (been nearly a month now since last letter)

My Ex all the sudden reached me out directly on SMS demand to see little one, I have constantly ask about parenting plan but my Ex refuse to acknowledge my solicitor's last letter and even mentioned never recieved it.
I have 100% care, had for 4 months now. My Ex doesnt seem to care to get parenting plan done but only demand to see little one when my EX feel like it.

My little one attend child care 5 days a week and my Ex just feel like my Ex can pick the little one any day, anytime, my solicitor asked to sign undertaking but my Ex refused to.

If I continue to allow this to happen I know there will never be a parenting plan in place.

Is it possible that because he owe solicitor's bill so his solicitor never sent last document to my Ex? and is it ok to ignore my Ex demand to see little one since my Ex ignore my letter? I know our kid has a right to spend time with both parents but if I have no money to go to court, what will be my best option?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Okay, so...

You’ve had 100% care for four months.

You’ve also been negotiating a parenting plan for four months.

Read: you’ve unilaterally refused to facilitate the other parent’s time with the child until you have a parenting plan not worth the paper it’s written on, with his signature on it.

If you have no money to go to Court, your best option is to let your ex see his child and stop being a controlling fool, because if Dad decides to bring you to Court self-represented, which costs him nothing, your actions of refusing to let the child see his father is going to burn your case terribly.

Dad is absolutely right that he can pick the child up whenever he wants. Do you think he’s going to do that if you’re a fair and reasonable parent, rather than an obstuctive one?

And above all else, think about how you’re hurting your child.

me8901

6 April 2018
Thank you @AllForHer for your response.

Dad has visitation (he doesn't request over night stay since he has new GF which is fine for me) but I just want to have a parenting plan in place as now it seems like he comes and goes when he feels like it.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Then let him have day times. The child is in day care five days a week, why on earth would that be better for the child than time with his/her father?

sammy01

27 September 2015
4 months?
So this is all a bit recent and no doubt comes with some pain.... Get over it... Sorry to be blunt..
So another way of looking at what you have written is that YOU are happy for him to see the kid. But only when YOU agree...

Why not write a nice note back
Dear ex,
I was thinkng that if you don't want to enter into a parenting plan so that the times you spend with XXXXX are locked in, could we trial a system where you give me 24 hours notice of when you want to spend time with the child and I will do all I can to facilitate those times? if this doesn't suit you, can you please make an alternate suggestion? I'm just trying to find a way to work with you so that we can have a common understanding of parenting arrangements moving forward. I look forward to hearing from you.