NSW Employment Law - Employer Mentioning Name on Dismissal Letter Without Permission?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tiffernyxo

6 March 2016
I have been employed at my workplace for 6 months and an old employee was given their job back and has now been dismissed again. The employee has violent friends and I have heard from numerous people that my name was mentioned numerous times in the dismissal letter. No other employees were mentioned.

I'm now fearful to walk around town and my anxiety is through the roof. Can my boss legally mention me numerous times in a dismissal letter of another employee without my permission under Employment Law? And do I have a right to see what has been said?

I told my boss I wanted it confidential, but it was verbal with no proof, so he will deny it. I told him I wanted everything confidential because I don't want my health at risk. Now my health is at risk and my mental health is crumbling under anxiety.

S

Sophea

There are no legal provisions or principals that I know of that would prevent someone conveying that type of information about an employee.