Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
  1. R

    VET Education Institutions

    With the introduction of VET Student Loans from the beginning of 2017 the Commonwealth govt introduced legislation at the same time that gives the government the power to require educational institutions to pay the Commonwealth a fee. I believe (though, not 100% sure) it was VET Student Loans...
  2. J

    VIC Common Law - Provide Independent Contractor with Original Agreement?

    We have an independent contractor, who has been facilitating in our RTO (registered training organisation) for 3 and a bit years, as well as doing other work outside of our teaching schedule, which is around 70 days per year with us. He teaches in one of our venues in another state, only marks...
  3. W

    VIC Conflict Between National Employment Standards and Employment Contract?

    Since reaching age 60, I have been working for 12 years as a casual teacher for an RTO under a signed Employee Contract termed 'Non-Award' and receiving the approximate 25% loading for casual employment. I do not know if this Agreement is a ratified one with the FWC. There is no Union in this...
  4. M

    QLD RTO Taking on Governing Body for Loss of Business?

    Hi, unsure what thread group this goes in so feel free to move it. I am currently employed at a training company in Queensland. Now the governing body is the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) which is responsible for making sure all RTO's (Registered Training Organisations) are up to...