NSW Drink Driving Offence - What Will Happen?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

axan

2 June 2015
This is my first drink driving offence. I have a fairly good history on my drivers licence . My court date is in 3 weeks in Maitland court. I'm really worried about the outcome as I know I was really only drinking one beer

Please can anyone give their opinion of what will happen to me. And can blood-thinning medication may increase the result, the level of alcohol in the blood?

Ivy

10 February 2015
Hi Axan,

What level of offence have you been charged with and under what circumstances? For example, were you randomly selected for breath testing or were you pulled over for erratic driving?

The blood-thinning medication could alter the results of the blood test. Did you tell the person who administered the test that you were taking this medication?

You should get in contact with Legal Aid NSW and get some legal advice from them before your hearing.

Here is the list of penalties for PCA from the RMS website: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/offences-penalties/drug-alcohol/index.html

However as a starting point I think you should contact Legal Aid or a traffic lawyer and use the other links for extra information (or you could read them and take any questions to the Legal Aid lawyer).