SA First Drink Driving Offence - Get Drivers Licence Back Quicker?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Crb

20 September 2015
I have a offence on drink driving. As this is my first time of drinking alcohol in my life, which was offered at my mate's birthday and the first offence in my life, I haven't got any other penalty.

My family is uneducated and sisters are small so I need to drop them to school and pick them up. My mom has diabetes and a mental health illness so I need to take her to the hospital and get her medicine. I need to go shopping for family. I am a student I need a drivers licence to go school, and as I am in low income, I am looking for job and need to drop my resume in various industries. I am helping aged people, and people with disabilities in our community as a volunteer.

I lose my drivers licence for 6 months. Are there any chances in Traffic Law of getting my drivers licence quicker?

I am a south Australian.

S

Sophea

Hi @Crb,

What type of license were you on? Learners? P1 P2? And was it a serious DUI offence? How much were you over?

If you are on your Ps and you breach your licence conditions or get four or more demerit points you can choose to enter a Safer Driver Agreement instead of having the six month disqualification (unless it is a serious disqualification offence in which case you cannot).
You can read more about that here:
My Licence - The Driver's Handbook - Losing your licence or permit

In some circumstances, a driver on their Ps that is disqualified for a serious disqualification offence can appeal to the Court on the basis that their loss of licence has caused them 'severe and unusual hardship'.

Crb

20 September 2015
I have a offence on drink driving. As this is my first time of drinking alcohol in my life, which was offered at my mate's birthday and the first offence in my life, I haven't got any other penalty.

My family is uneducated and sisters are small so I need to drop them to school and pick them up. My mom has diabetes and a mental health illness so I need to take her to the hospital and get her medicine. I need to go shopping for family. I am a student I need a drivers licence to go school, and as I am in low income, I am looking for job and need to drop my resume in various industries. I am helping aged people, and people with disabilities in our community as a volunteer.

I lose my drivers licence for 6 months. Are there any chances in Traffic Law of getting my drivers licence quicker?

I am a south Australian.

I am on full licence and i was on 0.11