QLD Documents for Evidence of Current Address for Australian Citizenship?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Awan

2 January 2017
Hi there...

My question is regarding the document required as an evidence of current residential address for Australian Citizenship. The official website states utility bills or rental contracts as the evidence of current residential address but unfortunately, I don't have any of these documents as I live in a shared house.

Is there any other document that can be provided as an evidence of address? I have been living in the same place for last 4 years and I have other letters such as bank statements, tax return letters of past years, private health insurance letters etc, etc...

Can I provide any of these documents as an evidence? If yes, then is there any requirement for the document to be latest or can I provide a 2 years old bank letter as an evidence as well?

Thanks

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Awan,

I'm aware you asked this over a month ago so you may have already got an answer. The point of utility bills or rental contracts as evidence is that it ties you to the property and thus goes towards proving it is your residential address.

If you have a government document that has the address on it and its addressed to you this might be suitable. An Australian drivers licence if you got one over here with the address on it. Or you may need to have your name added to the lease. They may accept a letter from the rental company if they know you are staying there, but I'm not sure.