Application for Australian Citizenship

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vinoth R

19 October 2017
I am an Australian Citizen currently living in India with my wife and two kids. I was granted the Australian Citizenship in Oct 2007. My wife and son were PRs when I was given the Citizenship. We have been in India since 2008 and have had a daughter in 2010 and I had informed the Australian High Commission in New Delhi in 2010. In April 2017, My wife and son applied for their Resident Return Visa and were granted the visa for a year. My daughter was given a visitor visa for three months (multiple entry) on 1 June 2017. We all visited our friends in Australia in Sep 2017 and we used this opportunity to see the schools and universities. We are looking at moving back now, but there are a few things that I have to complete that may take sometime. Anyhow, I now would like to apply for the Citizenship for my son and daughter. I am sure my daughter qualifies, however I have query in relation to my son who was born in 2005. As he is not yet 16, the immigration site says that he needs to be PR and he can apply. Can I apply for the Citizenship for both my kids now? I will get the PR visa extended once we are complete with the kids. Could you kindly advise if I should just apply for my daughter or include my son's application too?