VIC Do I Need a Lawyer to Revoke Intervention Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Depends. If there is the WILL to change and there was a 'light bulb' moment, then it is very possible.

Well, if there was a “light bulb moment” resulting in a complete behavioural change, then there should be no real need for OP to have it removed, is there? Why go to all of that trouble and not just let it just expire on its own?...no fear all around!

Unless of course, in telling OP, without knowing all of the facts, to definitely remove it...is based on some unfounded assumption that maybe OP has maliciously obtained the order and/or would call the cops for “nothing”?

I agree, remove order if possible. Always easy to get a new one.

I wonder how many times a victim of dv needs to change their mind about a violence order before they are disbelieved? Not sure about in the Magistrates Court or even the police but in the Family Courts, even once, can have some impact on their credibility. It can have a consequence...and we do not know all of the facts.