QLD Do I have a case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lisakevin

27 October 2020
Used a Australian pet company to transport three animals from Australia to Uk. Pets booked for Saturday and I flew Sunday night. Upon arrival in Uk I found I had been informed that my pets flight got cancelled (due to admin error) but the company refrained from telling me for 48 hours.

After 5 days of additional errors and bad communication, I cancelled the order as I no longer had trust in the company to deal with it.

I suffered extreme stress, anxiety and panic attacks because for three days I didn't know where my pets were or their liing conditions. I now face costs to return to Australia, including government quarantine hotel as my pets are stuck in kennels. It took three months of planning and I no longer have the energy or emotional strength to go through this again. My relocation to UK is shattered. I'm 25k ± down in travel pet costs

Can I get back my expenses plus compensation for stress & emotional trauma caused by their company?