VIC Can I Sue in Australia for Case Happening in India?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rdundyan

16 August 2017
Hi everyone,

I have two questions to ask.

My sister-in-law (my husband's brother's wife) filed a false case against me and my in-laws family overseas. I have all the proof that the case is false. She succeeded in filling the case with money, her family bribed the police. The case is in the court right now, already 5 years as she filed in 2013. Indian court takes a long time.

Her brother gave a false statement as a witness, I can prove it. I have evidence. He is living in Australia.

The first question is:

1. Can I sue him here in Australia for giving the false statement to police, to be a fake witness, helping his sister conspire against me and my family that cause stress, anxiety, prolonged headaches, emotional distress, suffering and pain, depression in me.

I live in Australia too. Can't even go back to India because of the false case. Police didn't investigate the case, no one try to serve us summons here in Australia, I have all the evidence that the case is false. They just taking advantage of delays in the Indian courts and two countries.

2. Can we sue any psychiatrist for giving a report with defamatory comments against our family, helping my sis-in-law filing a false case overseas? The psychiatrist is in Australia but an Indian.

I just want to help my family to get out of this mess. The case is a dowry harassment that doesn't exist in Australia, that's why she ( my sis-in-law) flew back to India and registered the case there. She was staying with my brother-in-law here in Australia.

Thanks in advance