WA Damaged Goods

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Roger Yates

11 March 2020
i was wondering if i have a civil case here and if i have, how to proceed..There were builders doing groundwork on the plot next to me...There Bobcat broke down and they asked if i had any spanners to assist them..They did not know the size they needed so i gave them all the small spanners in a tray that is part of my toolbox..They run over the tray with the Bobcat and flattened it..The Toolbox was in perfect condition..The boss took the destroyed tray and said he would replace this..This was in November..i texted him regularly to see what was going on..He always has a excuse..Now i am out of patience i need this resolved..i had done these guys a favour to get them out of trouble and this is how i am treated..One of his excuses is that he has taken the damaged tray to a panel beater or something to make a new tray..To be honest i do not want a load of old rubbish..i sent photos of toolboxes in Bunnings that i would accept.. and give him this toolbox obviously minus the damaged tray..