WA Mechanical damage

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Glenn dicko

9 March 2020
My car badly damaged while being serviced at auto repair shop . I stated we needed a hire car while mine is being repaired by his insurance company had to wait 3 days to be arranged , and my wife could not get to work missing out on 2 x 12 shifts, as I was working using our second car. We both work 75 kms from our work place so public transport wasnt an option . His employee stated to me when I went to inspect damage to my car , that due to damaging my car and mucking us around the original service fee would be wavered. .The car 9 days later still at panel beaters. The mechanic owner has stated he needs the account payed $330 .00,he has stated his worker never told me the amount was going to be wavered. This has cost us over $800 in wagers and time running around ,I have kept calm over this whole experience but also because I was told that due to them ripping off front of my car ,I wouldnt be charged for service . I do not want to pay account , as i have been lied to ,where do I stand legally if I refuse to pay account .
Regards Glenn