TAS Custody of Children Arrangements Affecting Parent's Divorce

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chelsea

21 March 2015
My parents have recently divorced and my father is intolerable yet I have to see him because of the agreements in the custody of children arrangement. They haven't actually settled and finalised the divorce yet though (I don't know if this makes a difference or not) but they have definitely agreed on this custody arrangement.

Under the arrangement I am to spend every second week with my father. I absolutely despise him. He emotionally blackmails me, makes me feel worthless and it puts me in emotional pain having to stay there.

Is there any avenue I/ my mother can go down so that I don't have to see him?

He says if I don't see him then he won't settle and my mum won't get anything out of the divorce property settlement. I feel bad because I don't want to jeopardize financial stability for my mother, step dad, and brother. But at the same time I definitely do not want to have to stay with him.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
My first question is how old are you? :)

NeverEverGiveUp

13 February 2015
Gold Coast
Hi!
Where you spend your time or not spend your time with either parent is very much dependent on your age.

How old are you?

and

Have either of your parents filed with the courts and initiating application for custody ?