LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

TAS Custody of Children Arrangements Affecting Parent's Divorce

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Chelsea, 21 March 2015.

1. Chelsea

Chelsea Member

My parents have recently divorced and my father is intolerable yet I have to see him because of the agreements in the custody of children arrangement. They haven't actually settled and finalised the divorce yet though (I don't know if this makes a difference or not) but they have definitely agreed on this custody arrangement.

Under the arrangement I am to spend every second week with my father. I absolutely despise him. He emotionally blackmails me, makes me feel worthless and it puts me in emotional pain having to stay there.

Is there any avenue I/ my mother can go down so that I don't have to see him?

He says if I don't see him then he won't settle and my mum won't get anything out of the divorce property settlement. I feel bad because I don't want to jeopardize financial stability for my mother, step dad, and brother. But at the same time I definitely do not want to have to stay with him.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

My first question is how old are you? :)

3. ourlawisnotfair

ourlawisnotfair Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Where you spend your time or not spend your time with either parent is very much dependent on your age.

How old are you?

and

Have either of your parents filed with the courts and initiating application for custody ?