NSW Criminal Law - Possession of Drugs and Fraud - Bail Conditions?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Johnsnow123

12 November 2015
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me answer some questions about my situation.

In the end of 2013 I was charged with drug supply as I was in the wrong place at the wrong time which at the end of my court sentencing I received a good behaviour bond of 18 months at the start of June 2014.

In the end of May 2015, I broke this bond as I was charged again for possession and supply drugs which I am currently going to court for at the moment. There was no bail conditions with this charge.

Recently, the police have informed my lawyer about a cybercrime fraud matter that I will be charged for, which I had no knowledge of at all. As I have planned a overseas trip at the start of December for 2 weeks, I am worried that the bail conditions will be me surrendering my passport.

Is there any predictions what might happen or any possible actions under Criminal Law I can take that'll allow me to still go on my trip? Due to already being on a bond that I have broken and on bail at the moment.

Therese

11 October 2015
Hi Johnsnow123,

my understanding is that if a bail condition is surrendering your passport then you would not be able to go on your trip.

I would suggest talking to your lawyer prior to bail being set. Ask the lawyer if there are other bail conditions that could be suggested to the court such as a surety in the form of money or something that is not your passport.