WA Possession with intent to sell or supply

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Helen001

30 March 2017
I have my own opinion but everyone seems to think im wrong, so decided to ask here ( just to prove in right ).

Six months ago the ex was placed on an intensive supervision order for 12 months after being found guilty of 105g cannabis. Possession with intent to sell or supply.
About 4 weeks ago he was arrested for 5g meth. Possession with intent to sell or supply.
Hes applied for bail twice and been refused. Monday is his third try for bail.
He also has charges for 1 bullet, 14 dexamphetamine pills and 1.5g meth, which hes pleaded not guilty to and goes to trial.
So, 2nd possession with intent to sell or supply charge, the trial charges listed above and breaching an intensive supervision order.
I say he wont get bail, and this being his third time trying for bail. There are no new circumstances or exceptional circumstances. Even with surety and character references, whats the chances he will get bail?
The only thing that could help, which i dont think will, is that his lease runs out next week and all his possessions are still in the house.

Clare.R

28 April 2018
The character references probably won't do much given he clearly hasn't changed his criminal behaviour, doubt him losing his possessions will sway the court either as he won't be the first person to go to prison and lose everything they generally don't have much sympathy for recidivist offenders. Sounds like he's right where he needs to be to be honest.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
None, zlich, nada, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
should i continue or is it clear? and I'm not a lawyer!

Helen001

30 March 2017
Haha Adam, same as what ive been telling everyone, but no im wrong apparently.
Thank you, Clare. I doubt surety would help as its pretty obvious if they bail him hes going to go straight back to dealing.
He seems to think he will get 12 months.
I reckon he will have to actually serve 2 years before parole/gets out.

Helen001

30 March 2017
Hi Sammy, as it says in my post " ex ". And he did get bail with $5000 surety.