Credit Corp tries to sue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
26 February 2020
Hi,
I need to get a couple of things verified regarding a debt that I have with westpac which I no longer pay. Westpac has been sold the loan to Credit corp and they have been trying to contact me for a year now.
And now I have a person this morning showing up at my house saying there is a personal document to be delivered to this address and he hands me over a document that says “Complaint” in the magis court if vic ringwood.
And a company called Certus Partners (plantiff) in Melbourne wants me to contact them with in 21 days or the plaintiff sues. And it says if you intend to defend this complaint YOU MUST give notice with in 21days or if you don’t pay it off within 21 days they will apply to the court for an ORDER (Judgement) against me.

I need to know what I should do.
Is there is possibility that I will be sued.

or will they accept this in instalments like a bill pay.

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Chanaka,
This means you have been sued. You now have 21 days after you were served to file and serve a defence and if you don’t they can apply to get judgment against you. I would act quickly and or call them ASAP to discuss things like instalments.