VIC CPS summary of reasons declined

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

newmembr

21 March 2023
I received a caseplan from CPS via post.
I requested, in writing, a summary of reasons for their protective concerns.
They replied with "there's no summary of reasons as this is detailed in the case plan".
The caseplans state things such as "exposing child to parental mental illness". I don't have a mental illness nor have I ever seen a doctor or any other person with regards to mental illness issues. I've met with the case worker on one occasion and I was crying due to the false allegations that landed me in a child protection office. I think the caseworker is has called me being so upset a mental illness.
Is it right that a statement of reason does not have to be provided to me.
The flyer that was with the case plan said I'm allowed to request a statement of reasons.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Have CPS obtained any court orders?

Assuming the kids a safe and well cared for, there are times when it is good to tell CPS to back off. Do CPS have any valid concerns? Why are they involved (eg an ex, school, other)?

In response to your question about a summary of reasons, I do not know the answer. However detailed reasons are better and give you an opportunity to pull apart their 'findings'.