NSW COVID from Tradie ( GOV't)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

newbie85

8 December 2022
Hi all, can you advise if we have any recourse?

NSW Dep Housing premises.
Sub Contractor from Multinational came to perform works.

Electrician turns up sick as a Dog, and is asked do you have COVID and Replied No, taken 2 RATs and negative.
Electrician came back 4 days later wearing a mask and was asked about it it and said just had a tickle and a precaution.

Subsequently, the entire Household now has COVID.

Problem is the Tenant was due to have a Hip replacement next week and had been planned for a year as Christmas is shutdown for work for 6 weeks to coincide with recovery (self employed). Hip replacement is now cancelled for 3 months as per hospital covid guidelines.

So issues are:
- pain to client now extended
- Client will have to employ person to cover whilst unable to work during recovery
- loss of work due to increasing pain

Any recourse?

Thanks

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I've had visits from both HNSW staff (several times in the last 18-24 months) and a plumber with offsider just a week ago. Not a single one of them wore a mask.

I know that Housing NSW staff are required to be vaccinated and wear masks when they visit, but I haven't been able to find anything about contractors yet.

Note the section titled "At Home Visits" on this page: Housing and homelessness

It's also worth noting that there are no longer any COVID related Public Health Orders in effect in NSW. The last one expired on 30 November 2022. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Public Health Orders and restrictions

Last edited: