Resident Return Visa RRV 155 or 157

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

muraligv

17 September 2020
Hello Lawanswers team. Good day!
I am an Indian National, I hold a skilled independent 189 sub class visa with family since Feb 2016. I made first entry in August 2016, stayed in Perth for 3 days and came back to UAE where I was working but could not move to Australia due to family reasons. I had finally planed to move in April 2020 after kids academic year but COVID -19 lock down stopped flights. Now I believe there a weekly cap on arrivals and although I have booked tickets in Dec 26 but I am not sure I will be able to board flight. My Visa gets expired Feb 2021 What are my options if I am not able to move by then I loose my PR status. I am concerned if I will be able to get an RRV as I do not meet minimum stay requirement. can you please advise what are my options. Shall apply for RRV now ? I had communicated with some schools for schooling and viewed a few properties for renting. I have some proofs for jobs applied in Australia and have letters from friends stating that I was serious about moving to Australia. Can you please let me know if I would be able to get an RRV for 1 year if I apply now or I have to wait untill my PR expires?

NehaSharma20

6 October 2020
New Delhi
www.aptechvisa.com
In this scenario, the first thing you can do is prior to expiry date of your PR Visa, you can still try to visit Australia, as are there four months left for February to come. So, you can try your level best to visit Australia, so that you don’t face any complications later on.
On the other hand, if you are planning to apply for the RRV, there is no guarantee that you will get that approved or not, as you are not covering the minimum duration that’s required for the RRV. So, in my opinion go with the first option and don’t risk the situation by going with the second one.
I hope that this information might be useful. All the best!