QLD Consent Orders and Relocation - Can Ex Make Me Return?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Corinne

31 October 2015
The fact that you didn't have anything official written up before you left doesn't leave a good impression. Neither does the argument of, "He wasn't around much." Of course he's not, you moved away. And perhaps he's had a change of heart. You speculate it's because of his new partner, but that could also just be an example of your bad attitude.

Deeken

9 August 2017
How have u alienated the kid?you moved interstate. You. You refused to negotiate around holiday time.... and that forced it into court.. and if you approach court with the same agro you are showing me you are gonna have issues.

What i am trying to show u is the case the ex is likely to present to the court. Now how the heck do i know...all i have is the little bit of your version of the story... that is all id love to know dads version...

My suggestion?write back to solicitor offering consent orders. Half all holidays and half travel expenses. One phone call a week on agreed day and other phone contact by agreement...

But why even consider my well intentioned advice after all i have issues right...so ignore me... but getting a solicitor to represent u in sydney if the ex files for court is gonna be heaps more expensive than my advice... but solicitors advice will be similar... please be as rude to solicitor as u have been to me

So I refused to negotiate around holiday time did I? Except that I send them EVERY holidays? Please explain to me how I have been non negotiable on that!

And I tried to alienate them simply by moving interstate did I? Despite the fact I did so to access better services for my disabled son with the approval of his father and the acknowledgement that was indeed the right decision since he is now progressing better than he was in Sydney!

Did you read the bit about how none of this was an issue until I actually decided to obtain child support?

And your advice to write back and agree to half travel and holidays and one day a week phone call??? That's what I already do and have already agreed to! But maybe if you actually read what I originally wrote you would have seen that but I guess when you have an agenda to criticise and judge other people you miss important details like that.

It's very simple....I asked about my rights to stay in a location that I had approval to move to. You want to insult me by criticising my parenting. im not some woman who has stolen the kids from the father. I'm not someone who has refused access. I've worked with him every step of the way. If people post on here they are obviously very emotional and worried about their situation. If you want to reply, be helpful not rude.....oh and please reply now and tell me you're just trying to help by preparing me for what the courts will say but I'm not an idiot, I know how that works, I asked about my rights for relocation that's all.

I have since gone and seen a lawyer and since I have done all the right things there's no chance of relocation being an issue. I also showed her this thread and she said you're an idiot, but I already knew that.

Oh and maybe next time your kids want to talk to you maybe you should try not "shutting them down". Just a bit of parenting advice.

Deeken

9 August 2017
The fact that you didn't have anything official written up before you left doesn't leave a good impression. Neither does the argument of, "He wasn't around much." Of course he's not, you moved away. And perhaps he's had a change of heart. You speculate it's because of his new partner, but that could also just be an example of your bad attitude.

Wow that's really helpful thanks so much....and where did I say I don't have anything written up? I have his permission in writing. I have a bad attitude toward people who don't want to actually be useful and helpful and just come on here to personally attack other people.