SA Company Refusing to Replace Faulty Product despite Photo Evidence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Solo

1 June 2015
Dear All

I bought a product from a company in NSW which arrived with some faulty parts. I showed them photographic evidence of the problem and they promised a replacement.

Months later all I've had is lies and misinformation, ignored emails, etc., and to be honest it looks like they're just refusing to provide the product.

I've reported them to the NSW Fair Trading Office but they too have just ignored me, twice now, which isn't my experience of the SA Consumer and Business Services people who are excellent.

Do I have any options left, or have I just been ripped off without recourse to any solution here?

Regards

PS Sorry I clicked SA for this but the company in question are in NSW - I'm in SA.

S

Sophea

Have you tried to contact the SA Consumer and Business Services? They may be able to assist you notwithstanding the business you purchased from is in NSW.

Suppliers and manufacturers are required by law to honour a warranty that their products are of merchantable quality under the Australian Consumer Law.