VIC Clarification on an Existing Patent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ben9983

12 July 2018
I wouldn't bother disabling anything, they will contact you via your domain if they have an issue, until then just keep going. If you do get a cease and desist letter or similar then seek legal advice. I wouldn't disable anything yet.
Oh thank you so much. So they can't just sue me. They first ask and if the law is on their side, and I don't take it down, then they can sue?

DMLegal

28 May 2018
Correct, you can't know what you don't know, they will always contact just to ask you to stop. They will also advise that, in their view, you are infringing on their IP. You can then decide if you agree and if you do, then just disable the relevant parts of the site.

Ben9983

12 July 2018
Correct, you can't know what you don't know, they will always contact just to ask you to stop. They will also advise that, in their view, you are infringing on their IP. You can then decide if you agree and if you do, then just disable the relevant parts of the site.
Brilliant, thank you so so much. This gives me the peace of mind. I am not earning that much from the site, and I was worried might end up paying 1000 times more if I get sued. :)
Cheers,
Thanks you.

DMLegal

28 May 2018
No worries, good to see that you're being cautious, not a lot of people are unfortunately. Best of luck with it.