NSW Clarification of Solicitor's Rules 17.2?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I reiterate my previous comments. Take this matter to the LSC, this is not something you prosecute yourself.

lazi

12 December 2019
Thanks, I hear you. Unfortunately the horse has bolted. I've already issued a statement of claim. But thanks for the advice.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Then telephone to LSC to discuss the matter. Subject to what they say to you, it could be as simple as discontinuing your action and allowing them to investigate it.

lazi

12 December 2019
Probably good suggestion, Rob, but I have an issue with regularity bodies. I recently complained about the prosecutor in this present case to the LSC. The prosecutor breached the rules on numerous occasions. Since then this solicitor has admitted that he misled the court on two occasions (this is documented). Yet the regularity body whitewashed it.

I have also registered a legitimate complaint (backed by documented evidence) against a dentist with the HCCC. That got whitewashed too. Unfortunately, I lack your confidence in regularity bodies. I think these organisations subscribe to Newton's third law: a body at rest tends to remain at rest. Sorry for being sceptical, but that's been my experience.